Friday, October 06, 2023

Field Notes- Another Day in Care Facility Hell.


 Daughter cried.  I cried.   Social Worker eventually gave up and cried.  We might have ... a solution- but nothing is solid as yet. Still jiggling like jello.  Husband even became his old self and said 'WHY?" and discussed what he thought was unfair etc.

We ordered food (husband) for today and three meals for tomorrow (for husband)- Maine is supposed to be getting heavy rain tomorrow or over night..  We (Sam) do NOT want to drive that 40 minutes one way in heavy rain....it's difficult  enough on dry pavement. Curves, Curves Curves and with wet roads and headlights....not good.

PT finally arrived for the PT test.... results were need for decisions.

We tried to think of a solution to our problem of no rehab place wanting husband and if we pushed - having to pay the full amount per month out of pocket.  And how long before we are broke.  And ...Son wanted to know- what happens to Mom (and no money) if she needs care in the years ahead...yesh...

I unpacked my Deb Lacativa Dye Work cotton bag. just now....Sam hated the plastic bag I was carrying around and said- "don't you have anything NICE?".....Yes, I did have something nice.  Thank you,Deb.

Bag on the porch- when we got home....My Lunch Buddy had picked up my Library Books....sigh, just that lightened my mood so very much....and the pizza I had for dinner....(with daughter).

Cross your fingers and if this is something you do- pray for us.....we need all the support we can get...to drag this situation over the finish line........ really!!





2 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

Happy to be of tangible use.🌞

LindaSonia said...

Now praying for you is something I can definitely do and have been. Hang in there - thinking of you