Thursday, October 19, 2023

Field Notes- Thursday, October 19th. Sunny with a chill in the air.


 There is a bit of this....coffee and looking out the window. At the leaves changing color. I did not draw this...I still can't transfer pictures to the computer and then to the blog.... I was also shocked to learn that TiVo is more likely than not- going out of business. So getting a New One is sort of not going to happen. son suggested Amazon Prime.  They have lots of Public TV stuff I generally like.  But I like recording stuff....which is why I liked TiVo.

I was up a few times in the night and early today...diaper changes.  Wanting water...his mouth is very dry. I did get pulp free orange juice down him....yogurt is about as solid as his food gets......I am tired.

Finished my oatmeal and coffee...son is upstairs clearing out the old sewing room- from the Way Back Years of Quilting...he arrived yesterday afternoon.....After living alone for 30 years ..this is uncomfortable I think.... so many people (3) and so much emotional baggage to deal with.

I got away for a bit and raked yellow Maple leaves off the driveway.... his two-seater sports car is parked by the garage doors.  Away from the oak trees dropping acorns 24/7.

Son and I managed breakfast and moving husband around.  I don't think he knows who the NEW tall guy is- I think HE thinks he's Hospice. In fact, he asked me who this guy was.....but then it's been awhile since we saw our son in person.....this is heartbreaking and I guess we should have expected it but husband had been talking about his son coming.......and he arrives and his father doesn't know who he is. Add this to the Long Goodbye.  The nurse- when she visits..asks him who I am.. he looks and thinks......

Son's things are arriving in 2 or 3 weeks but could surprise us  (arrive sooner) so he is busy clearing out the room where his stuff will be unloaded.  We are making a Goodwill pile.  He put the rugs back down on the floors...daughter might not be happy......he'll take the flack.  I like this about him...willing to take the flack.  He say he was comfortable and slept well last night....I slept on the couch again and was up a few times to change diapers at 2 am and 6 am.  Husband has little to zero muscle strength in arms and legs...so can't really assist.  Son helped with the 6 am lifting.  

No comments: