Monday, October 16, 2023

Quiet Notes----Written on Monday for Tuesday's post.


 Brown Paper Packages Wrapped Up With String...... these are a few of my favorite things....

You all are some of my favorite things .......

The Aide and the Nurse showed up today.....and made a list of what I need...and a few hours later a big truck pulled into the driveway- actually more traffic in a few days than the driveway has had in many many YEARS ........and that truck dropped off a box that actually held everything the nurse said I needed.  New diapers.  Wicking thing for pee.  A new tub for the daily "bath" etc etc.   

Daughter left with a list for grocery shopping. I bought things I wanted husband to eat...he said no. To everything- just sleep.  Not even water...he was asking for water pretty often until today.

He did pee. Kidneys still working.

The Chaplin (spelling) called, a very nice woman.  She wanted to visit us tomorrow....I told her he has been sleeping all day...(and he had also invited an Accordion Player to visit.)  Though the Accordion person had not called as yet....she was laughing.  I was laughing.  It was pretty weird and funny.  I said perhaps next week.. or perhaps even sooner if this timeline is really a race......to the finish line...

He has been awake only for a few minutes at a time since they all left.  He did look at the bird feeder daughter put up for him to observe but only for a moment and then was asleep.

Daughter brought a retired guy to look and think HOW he might add a railing to my front steps...for Winter when the steps get slippery with ice.  Neighbor has a guy coming to work on her house (and mine) and I am thinking the bottoms of the porch columns look like they might be rotting...so might need work. We'll see...

I am going online to order some books...I have a few yet but need to be thinking ahead...

I know you want to ask-- I am exhausted.  I am not eating as I should be eating...I am sleeping at night but wake up after hours of sleep and am still as tired as I was when I climbed in bed.  I second guess myself all day..sure that I have missed something. Everything. My favorite part of the day is when I put a disc in the player and we listen to music......beautiful music.  This is my gift to man in the bed--music. Beautiful music.  Music to help him dream..........

2 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

I think you are better off posting at the end of the day. Keeping a record while stuff is still fresh.

MariMo said...

Love your updates. Please be nice to yourself, so important, now more than ever. The music thingy is just so wonderful, love it. Big hug.