Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Field Notes- Same Day Wednesday, October 25th.

 Moving Van arrived and  hours were very loud and noisy but the couch did get up and over and into the room where  son wanted it.  Over was into the garage and OVER my Honda Fit (which doesn't  start so no way to move it) and then up stairs- across the Attic, out a door, thru another door.  Very very tight. All doors had to be removed from their hinges.

They "lost" the base for his very large tv....but then found it in the box....under tons of paper.  The They is the packing crew not the unpacking crew.........Unpacking was a woman who looked 20 but had three SONS in their teens. She carried boxes up the stairs on her back- on hand in lower left corner and other hand in upper right corner....that's all...and up the stairs ..over and over and over. She never stopped talking.  To her co-worker.

The packing crew ( in California) brought ALL the wrong sized boxes....and then tried to make  them work.....

I made the Soup recipe in Sunday's NYTimes...this past Sunday.  It's a bit salty- My Lunch buddy said it was salty- she made it yesterday--so I didn't add any salt....and it's salty.  My Lunch Buddy likes salty soup. I am supposed to "watch" my salt intake as I bloat easily.

Husband was bathed, changed and dressed...he is now sound asleep.  The Hospice Aide is just the best...I look forward to her visits.....Lovely person.


No comments: