Sunday, October 15, 2023

Field Notes- Sunday October 15th. Sunshine but chilly here in Maine.


 Dee's houses.  I can use "almost" the same fabrics and still my houses etc won't be as awesome as Dee's. I have always loved houses and house appliqué.  That little "open" door looks like a light switch. I know I have that blue on black fabric--somewhere.

So sunshine today.  I slept most of the night but am getting less and less comfortable on the couch. I really want to sleep in my BED.

I sewed a button on my favorite "almost worn paper thin on the butt" green cord pants.....it took a few minutes to remember how to do it......sew on a button.  Sturdy sewing of a button.  No wiggle...no wobble.

Still waiting for a neighbor to bring me something to eat.  Or is that Funeral Food they bring????

I emptied the fridge today-----we might go grocery shopping tomorrow- daughter and I. I do have a prepared five cheese lasagna.  Heat and serve.  That sounds delicious.  Most of what I took out of the fridge was vegetables....so they got composted ..all the birds and small animals will enjoy the food.. I still have yogurts.  Tried one of the plain ones on husband for his breakfast.   A few spoonfuls. Which is more than nothing.

So, the birds have found the brand new porch bird feeders.......and the next door cat has noticed the new spot birds are hanging out...... I am re-reading a nice book....we are getting to the good parts now...finding out who one really is and what is important to them....  

I have had a vintage hand sewn quilt on my lap for a few days now.....and noticing that some strips have disintegrated.  So I  was looking in the sewing closet on the second floor and then in my closet of cloth on the first floor (sewing room) and found a few things- could be front side up or faded back side up...I am sewing them down.  It's bed sized....so this could be what I work on All WINTER which here in Maine is ENDLESSLY LONG.  Its a very nice old hand sewn and quilted quilt--30's or 40's .  When I get a working iPhone  I will send you all a picture of it. I know it should be left as is...and all repairs are removable.....so there is that....odd how some fabric shreds and falls apart and the others are good as new.

Like People.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just saw this! Hope your son helps you figure out the phone/camera/upload business because I’d love to see your meaning efforts. — Dee