Saturday, October 28, 2023

Field Notes- Saturday, October 28th. Shooter is Dead. Suicide.


 Paper fish.

Well, we have made it thru yet another day.  We have packed the canning jars into short boxes. The last two of the big kitchen packing boxes- son's dishes and glassware remain unpacked as there is nowhere to put more dishes etc..  He has added his kitchen towels to the mix and I like them very much.  I have lots of flour sack towels.

We have doubles of some cookware....cast iron twin Dutch Ovens, Crock Pots.  Oddly enough, He has the missing pieces of saucepans etc from All Clad that I didn't buy.  He also had a newer version of my one quart saucepan and lid- a wedding gift in 1968. Still in use to make Kraft Mac and Cheese and steamed rice.....we now have a rice cooker-- on the shelf..  We both have different sizes of cast iron frying pans.  We both like to cook.  

I am going to try Tater Tots in the Air Fryer today.  The book I am reading mentioned "Loaded Tater Tots" as Bar Food.  What shall I load them up with????  Tell me in the comments.

We  decided that ten of any plastic storage container with lid was enough.  I had way more stacked in towers from the Chinese Takeout....now ten.  I have enough recycling to fill my recycling container until New Years. I think that is an exaggeration but...it's fun to think that.

I also have quite a lot of flattened, folded packing paper. I have not started to cut down and fold the boxes. they also can be recycled.

I am purposefully not writing about husband as he cannot give consent....

Grocery stores have been closed all of this week so...I wonder if we can pick up prescriptions today? Probably better to let everyone else pack into the stores and wait till Monday. I can use light cream for my coffee and oatmeal....decadent.  I bought light cream to add to the Ensure for husband.....before he decided to refuse to drink it.  


1 comment:

Kim Carney said...

I think about the kids moving their stuff back into the kitchen and my mind goes a little beserk. We always have an agrument over. dish towels. I think you can not have enough. Bri wants to get rid of most of them. Ah, yes, and then it is all the containers I keep become quite an issue with everyone LOL