Had no clue as to what this pictures was- pickles. I used to can pickles...when I had a vegetable garden. When I went outside and did work. Now I sit and read......occasionally I sew small pieces of cloth to other small pieces of cloth.....often I cut them apart because...I just didn't like them together.
I got a postcard from California asking me to remember to vote on November 3rd. For Democracy. For Troy Jackson. Now...he's not the best person to be running for the US Senate. Our Maine Republican Senator isn't going anywhere ...she still has billions of $'s to slide into her pockets.
I'm not sure I've ever met anyone who HAS voted for her in the 30 plus years I have lived here in Maine. Unless of course my former cross the road neighbor did....it's a good probability.
I am a Democrat living in a very Republican State. Same with Ohio. There was wiggle room in Chicago but not much statewide. But I have never given up on HOPE...it springs eternal.
My book (started yesterday) hasn't really gotten off the ground yet but ...I've read it before so I know bad things are going to happen on a regular timeline........everyone is dressed up and going to a big Fund Raiser. I did find and order four more Garland Books from other libraries... and they are on their way.... pick up on Friday.
I should print out a list of the books so I can check them off. I hesitate due to my problems with the copier... Even Son had problems. Never mind- I wrote them on paper here next to me.
I also copied down a NYT zucchini recipe and oh my goodness....the NYT comments section is to die laughing...no one not even one little bit...makes the recipe as printed...they add, they subtract etc etc and then they write in to tell everyone... the one that has me laughing is an adaption for something baked on a cookie sheet adapted into a 8 by 8 square pan and then a Bundt Cake..... I copied it down since I do love a good Bundt Cake. Will I bake it... Hell NO. It's August and Son has shut down the AC unit.
I just located my book...and I am taking my Arnica because my neck bones are making a snapping noise.
The delights of Old Age....
No comments:
Post a Comment