Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Box of Books & Assorted Other Stuff

These are the books I am keeping until the next book sale. I may keep some of them longer, especially the block printing on fabric and the how to silk screening book. No novels. I chose from the three sections I normally unpack each year. Gardening, Cooking. How to/Hobbies. My daughter unpacks Biography, Mystery, Science Fiction & True Stories.

This is post 823. I have 190 days to write 177 posts in order to reach my goal of 1000 by the end of 2010. I am doing some record keeping today. Tidying the desk top.

Are you one of the Chosen? Do you randomly look at the clock to find it at 11:11? I do. Today the phone rang and by the time I answered, no one was there and I glanced at the clock--11:11 and it had just changed to that time. I stood and looked at the numbers wondering where I had read about the few who have been "chosen" for something with 11:11 being their only indication of their status. Once upon a time I would stop and have to look at the digital clock --always at 11:11. It got to be very spooky. But, I didn't know then, that it had any meaning. I guess I still don't know, since I can't remember what I read.

And the reason this is very odd, I never wear a watch or pay any attention to time. At work, I have to be reminded to stop for lunch or go home. Time is not relevant. Unless I am cooking or baking and then I set a timer. If I travel with people, I wear my wind up watch. So I can meet them for the ride home. I have had my wind up watch for nearly 30 years. A Cartier Tank.
Crocodile band. Gold case. I washed it in the German washing machine once. Cartier fixed it free of charge. Replaced the blue stone. I love winding it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I frequently look at the clock when it is 6:18 (am or pm), which is the time I was born. Funny that we notice such things!

Diane N said...

I hadn't heard about this "Chosen" phenomenon (11:11, 12:12, etc...) until you wrote about it. I googled it and it seems there are many theories about it and they range pretty widely, everything from reminding you what your purpose in life should be to angels trying to give you a "nudge." I'm not sure that I would hold with some of them. I know a lot of people talk about seeing the same sequence of numbers repeatedly, seeing it on the clock, hearing it on the radio, etc...

I notice a particular sequence repeatedly myself but it's not one of the numbers they list so I guess I'm not chosen, which isn't surprising. I was always the last one picked for the teams in school, too. :-)

Unknown said...

I just looked at the clock when I read your post and guess what... 11.06. sigh. I guess I am not chosen!