Friday, July 15, 2016

Elimination Diet Detox

I am giving another diet a trial.  The one authored by Malterie.

The two day, initial detox, is entirely pureed.  Smoothie, juice or soup.

Now, I am not a fan of the smoothie, but I had the ingredients here in the house (from the other diet) so I held my nose (so to speak) and started tossing things into the Vitamix. ¼ head of red cabbage, small avocado, blueberries, frozen raspberries, a small handful of  plump dry cranberries ( I didn't have frozen or fresh but I think they would add a "sparkle" of sour to the smoothie) and water.  It was a very pretty rosy red color.

Pretty didn't sell it.  But--it did taste good.  I drank it all.  Amazing.

Lunch was a pureed soup of leeks, carrot, cauliflower, chicken stock, thyme, sea salt and pepper and after the Vitamix--some chopped fresh parsley from my very own herb garden.  Hated the chicken broth.  Should have used plain water. While the soup contained things I really like--the sum wasn't equal to the parts and the chicken broth was disgusting. Now, I am sure if I made the chicken broth in the book it would have been better, I used what I had.

Dinner was Creamy Green Detox Soup.  Broccoli, zucchini, leeks, water, sea salt, small bunch of kale (I don't like spinach), fresh parsley and fresh basil.  Pureed in Vitamix till very smooth.  It was okay hot but when I poured the soup into a half gallon Mason jar for the fridge, I had about ½ cup leftover and ate that at room temp--very excellent.

Tomorrow I am making the Detox Pineapple Green Smoothie.  Pineapple, avocado, small bunch of kale, handful of mint (in the herb garden).

I didn't write any of the juice recipes down.  Yet.  But if the quality of the juices is equal to the taste of the soups and smoothies-- well, I might like juice.

I am supposed to note how I feel following each "meal".  So far, I feel bloated.  Like those commercials with the people with IBS and the blocks bunched up in their gut.  This is how bad things have gotten in my interior parts.  A complete roadblock.

Things can't get worse.  So, I am hoping by Sunday I will be feeling rejuvenated.

This detox is so much more delicious using the exact same ingredients from the other diet MINUS the flax granola.  Which I think is what is blocking my intestines.

No comments: