Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Day Eleven--Reactive with Flu Symptoms


I was looking forward to a "positive" ending to my Protein Test yesterday but instead woke up feeling ill.  Trouble swallowing my water this morning.  Then off running to the bathroom.  It feels sort of like the first day of the diet.  Like I want to crawl into bed and stay there. I also gained a full pound overnight.  So--a reaction to the pork.  My body is now fighting to process the pork and get rid of it.

So, back to the drawing board as they say.  My guess is that chicken is the only protein I will be eating.  And, I have therefore gone looking for the Vegetarian Plan menu.  But, due to my befuddled state, I can't navigate the internet.  So, I settled for one item I do remember being on the Vegetarian Plan--Lentils.

I enjoy eating lentils and was lucky enough to have some in the pantry.  So, I cooked up one cup of lentils with as little seasoning as possible.  Quarter of chopped onion, a bit of sea salt and a grind or two of pepper.  I could have added a chopped carrot--but I couldn't manage standing and cutting up the onion.  I'll be eating the lentils with the remainder of the steamed brown rice or steamed broccoli.

Just as with the other reaction to Eggs--I have acid reflux.  Eyes are itching.  Rash is back.

Onward as they say.  I have a mammogram later today.  A garden to water.

1 comment:

Paula, the quilter said...

I seem to be eating a lot of turkey. More so than chicken. Have you tried turkey?