Thursday, September 23, 2010

Once In A Lifetime


I remembered to go out and look UP to see the Harvest Moon and Jupiter last night.  This time Jupiter was below and a bit to the left.  I wonder if that other little dot is Uranus?  The next time someone walks out onto the back stoop of my house (if it is still standing) to see the Harvest Moon and Jupiter, I will be long dead.  So many celestial landmarks will never occur again in my lifetime.  I try to see as many as I can, but cloudy skies and rain have made this difficult.

I am trying the new Blogger and I miss the little slide on the side where I can go back and forth and see what's up top.  I can't even check the bottom of the post.  I discovered that my second photo didn't transfer when I previewed.  As with everything Blogger does, this will make me very disgusted at first and then I will get used to the new stuff and forget what the old stuff was like.

You aren't getting to see my first panini.  Perhaps the next time I post.  I decided to see if the "new" Blogger could add a picture after the post was published.  It can and here is my panini.  Cheese on an inside out Kaiser roll with pickles and onion.  Crunchy and delicious.

Thursday at work.  I was going to call out this morning but something stopped me--didn't know what - but I packed my lunch and went to work.  And there was M waiting for me at the locked door.  Just the two of us, again.  Locked safe, cash registers, landscapers picking up 80 plants while the phone rang and things went, generally, to hell in a hand basket.  I had wanted to spend the day with G.  His day off.  Especially since I worked all week while he had vacation.  It didn't work out.

I was home alone for my day off yesterday.  Grocery shopping, library (twice), scrubbing the inside of the fridge and tossing expired food in the garbage can, washing and changing the bed linen, washing the dog blankets.  Made G Carbonara last night and I had some of the pasta with a fresh tomato sauce.  Played a bit with my Bananagram game and left the tiles on my placemat so I can continue the game this evening.  Watched The Whole Truth and enjoyed it very much.  Survivor stunk.  Twenty minutes in and all the challenge games were done and it was just 40 minutes of yakking.  Not why I watch.  It's turning into Big Brother and that is such a BORE.

G is out cutting the grass and I think I will be taking my shower and getting out of these dirty clothes. I did some weeding after work and feel all itchy and scratchy.

No comments: