Saturday, September 25, 2010

If Idiots Could Fly, This Place Would Be An Airport


And, that, is what it was like at work today.  For NINE hours.  "Do you have a flat pink thing that I see all over?"  Amazingly.  I had one.  She wanted two.

I might have said too much while someone else was teaching the Composting Class (17) and probably annoyed the gal teaching but I never interrupted and never contradicted.  Which is huge when I think of my normal behaviour.  No longer a shrinking violet.  I think the temperature in the greenhouse, where the classes are held, was near 100 with very high humidity because I had just watered everything.  Jungle Heat.  I was very happy when lunchtime arrived.  I could take off a layer of clothes and cool off.  I also drank many cups of cold water.  Yesterday was cold.  Today was August all over again.

I had too many slices of class day coffee cake.  And I had a multi grain roll and cheese along with my oil and vinegar dressed salad.  Too much food.  I don't think I will be having dinner tonight. G is exhausted. A number of people didn't show up for work today and when he called replacements they said no.  So, not the happiest of days for a store manager.

I'm going to read my book for awhile and have a cup of coffee.  If I don't fall asleep first, I will watch another disc of Season One/Fringe.  Tomorrow is Sunday and G and I have many, many things to do. Lots of work we have put off until Sunday.  Not good.

1 comment:

Annie said...

So, I'm curious, what was the flat pink thing the lady wanted? Gee, I might need a couple of those too,lol!

: )