Thursday, September 26, 2024

Still September... Very dark and wet outside this morning. 60 degrees- 99% humidity.


 Shadowland Autumn Frost Hosta.

I had to compost all my Hosta...as soon as they leaf out and look amazing- the deer would come and eat all the leaves and leave the bare stems.  The first few years, it made me cry.  Then next few it made me mad. And now, well, there will be no more Hosta in my garden beds.

Yesterday, I noticed four deer in the way back yard......one coming up along side the house.  I went and made noise banging on a pot lid.....they ran off showing me their white fluffy tails.  They would be back.

There is one more slice of Birthday Cake- I think the days leading up to a birthday are more exciting than the actual birthday.

I was watching the weather channel with the news and warnings to people in the path of the hurricane- get in the car and get out of here.........reminds me of the east coast of Florida years ago and people trapped in the upper floors of flooded buildings....no way out...no way in.  And the lists of papers you should have in a watertight bag.  I know people in the path...Atlanta.  Family and Friends.  Also people in Florida.

So.....it's dark and raining and I haven't had breakfast or read the latest ridiculous Trump news... I have to say- seeing him in an orange jail jumpsuit would really be amazing.  Minus his hair products. Even better.

So.......I am reading a book and it's about Hockey players...I read one of two of the others...I will not be finishing this one.  Megan Quinn.  For some reason this one doesn't work. For me.

I have other nice books from the Library.  But first.  Breakfast. Newspaper. Pills (mostly vitamins). And then Something..no idea what as yet...... oh and a check on the Weather Channel to see how folks are doing.   Sort of a busy start to a day.....I will be eating soup later for late lunch /early dinner.  I wanted soup yesterday but....didn't get around to it.  Progresso Cheese Tortellini.  Tomato base and some vegetables.  Never had it before.  Will I like it??????

No comments: