Friday, September 27, 2024

September Notes- Friday the 27th. Rain here in Maine past few days- sunshine today. 59 degrees.


 I had one of these typewriters but my nephew did something and broke off an important part and jammed everything - unusable.  He was very young and the typewriter was on the floor.    As much as I like the keyboard here on the desk- I like the clatter of the old typewriter more.  I imagine myself typing..... 

An odd story- I took a typing class in high school... it was a miserable experience and I thought I learned nothing...but years later I sat down and typed...keyboard and computer...later a huge industrial typewriter doing the broadsheets for the club newsletter...never actually realizing I could TYPE.....just doing it...and ALWAYS KNOWING when I hit the wrong key... so the proof reader never found an error.

I never look at the keys.

The Sun is out here in Maine....it had rained here for two days.  And it's not cold but what I call "chilly". A sweater in the house rather than turning up the heat.  My Gardener is taking the day off.

I haven't seen or heard my son as yet.....which is odd.  I have been down here sneezing and coughing and making noise but he still hasn't come down stairs.  I know he was up very late last night  (on California time)..... I hear the shower going.

I am finding the books I selected to be "less than"   Which is disappointing as one can only watch the Weather Channel for so long ..... so ...I watched Hallmark Movies.  Three, I think.  Well, not completely. I can never sit all the way thru without wishing I could edit the movies.  Make them so much better.

My book......I read and then get irritated and stopped and did other things and then came back to it... I gave up on the first book I had started.....and this one...no idea where it's going but it's going there really really slowly.  I'm almost at the 2/3rd's mark.  The Mother's bird pooped on someone's head while the entire family was making lasagna.   Super interesting, hey???? How did it get published????? A romantic comedy and no one has gotten kissed.

In the image up top- I like the quilted patchwork.  I have a bag of squares- I could make a few of these for the table.  The important part at the end- escapes me- the binding. Last time I made potholders I had to look up a tutorial.  I will have to AGAIN.  I used to do the binding on auto-pilot.  What a thing to forget.

No comments: