Saturday, September 28, 2024

September Notes- Saturday.the 28th....sunshine and 64 degrees


 Woodward Point. Maine.  Close by, I think- but I most likely am wrong.

Sunshine today.  I gathered up all my notebooks....the ones I would write in while watching the OLD washing machine. In case it decided to overflow into the bedroom and the new wood floors.  It did happen.

So I had noticed I was running out of underwear......so I put a load of everything- I know-- darks and whites but nothing red or pink-- into the washer and set the timer- my adult children have timed the machine- one hour.......they start a load and go somewhere and come back in an hour and switch to the dryer and then go away again... Free spirits who have never mopped gallons of water off the floors.

I am reading Katherine Center's new book...The Romcomers.  I keep wondering if I have read it before? But I keep on going because..I am not 100% sure.....and it's a good story.  Will she swim in the pool? Now that I am considering the small bits- yes, I have read this before....it's not like I don't read books multiple times in a one month time period.  A really good book deserves multiple readings.

Any other Reader (but me) out there who gets to the last page and turns back to the first page????

I bought the store cooked corn chips....yesterday.  It's a large bag and I was delighted to find the bag I selected to be very very lightly salted.  I had five or six chips.  And stopped. I didn't buy shredded cheese so I won't be melting cheese on each chip....

High Potential on ABC is holding my interest...and I have it set to record all on it's own.  I had to reset the TiVo again...not once a week often but pretty often.....so the buying of a new "current" TiVo is coming up. And...well, once I disconnect it- all the good stuff in the OLD TiVo will be gone. Dozens' of favorite Hallmark and PBS Movies and Series....my very own Cupboard of Love Stories.  Also, so many PBS series episodes.

I told myself I would watch all of it before it had to be shut off.  My only tranquilizer is that Hallmark runs these things over and over and I can hopefully find and record them on the new machine...or my son says- buy the streaming Hallmark option...if I knew what streaming meant.  And where it would happen. I have a feeling it means sitting and watching on a tablet screen.

And I know most of you already DO THAT........and I do know the TV is also a screen....duh!  Feel free to comment on your own viewing choices.  For when I emerge from my CAVE.

No comments: