Sunday, September 08, 2024

September Notes- Sunday the 8th. Sunshine 59 degrees 82% humidity.


 Life goes on.  COVID vaccination yesterday.  My arm started aching 5 or 6 hours after..... I didn't ask for the Flu shot as the only time I have gotten the flu was when I was still working and actually had my hands on the service desk- and must have touched my face or mouth.  Very very SICK.

I have, ever since, tried to NOT touch any surface that others can touch when in public during flu season. I watched the gal giving me my shot- wearing gloves- touch almost every surface in the small shot room at the grocery store BEFORE giving me my shot.  Nice.

I am almost to the midpoint of the Mostly True Story of Tanner and Louise.  I wrote more but hell, I don't want to ruin anything for anyone.  It's a Road Trip Book- because they are actually in a car... driving....

Hopefully Tanner gets enough cash to finish her Senior Year of College... I was hoping for some miracle with her leg (no longer able to play soccer) but can't see how that might happen.  My daughter played soccer in college and loved it. So I can relate.  She also got a soccer ending injury. Thigh bone.

I was going thru some links to see if I could find a way to put in plot lines of a book and actually find the book.  so far...no.  It's not a great book but it's a nice "old" book.  Recruited (down on her luck) Teacher has to get a small town football team to actually make a C average so they can play football.  In order to get them to do any actual Math or English WORK she has to run laps etc with them...... on one run they find a small child stuck in a tree (in the middle of nowhere)--- way up high (there's a cat up there also)....... the team members lift her on their shoulders to get her high enough to grab the little girl- and the cat.

It's NOT a great book.  Was never a best seller...It's budget vanilla.  But I feel like reading it. Was in the shelving mid alphabet. Perhaps early mid alphabet. Technically sounds Rom Com but WAS NOT. Way too serious on the plot lines. From my library but for sure isn't on the shelves now.  No fancy dust jacket art ...to remember- cause I have a visual memory.... not the other kind.

I might read Linda Howard's Troublemaker a third time before returning it.  After Tanner and Louise make it to where ever they are going.  We will be watching football later today.  Having Football Pizza. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I winced at your daughter's soccer ending injury ! 😩

LindaSonia said...

and equally as important to wash your hands thoroughly as soon as you get home.