Friday, September 13, 2024

September Notes- Friday, September 13th. sunshine. 66 degrees and humidity.


 Lunch yesterday was fun.  The food was delicious and the company divine.

My cross the street neighbor came over to borrow baking powder.  New Neighbors. Nice. I got a peek at the sleeping one year old grand daughter.  Something I will never have. The grandson is 3. Why they moved to Maine.  Most excellent reason..........

The smoke yesterday was a neighbor burning stuff in his back yard...apologies to Canada.

I had Mussels for lunch (served on pasta-I skipped the gorgonzola cheese).  And chocolate ice cream and a brownie for dessert.  I also had a glass of wine. No supper.

Today is grocery shopping day.....but first the Library.  Most of the books I selected last week.....did not like any of them...I read two from the week before....and I am reading one from two weeks ago- again...makes three times I've read the book.  If I can't find anything this week- I am moving on to my own bookcase. And will read books I have read at least ten times......which is why I buy them.

Well, Life Goes On.  I sorted thru a basket in the sewing room closet.  Seems that at some point I stuffed the basket with linen shirts from my closet.  Nothing wrong with them- perhaps too snug?  anyway- I never did cut them up so yesterday I washed and dried them-- wash taking ONE HOUR--I had no idea....Son times everything.. and now they are on hangers waiting to be worn. Again for the first time.

Generally, the clothing I put on each day (as a widow) is loose.  Not falling off loose but...loose. The shirts especially are wide even when fully buttoned.  I might actually BE wasting away...... I do eat.  Quite a bit. but it's not building up....I am also wearing pants..well, some I never actually fit into until NOW. Red pants.  Cherry red...very very nice pants.  White shirts fully buttoned for the first time EVER.



No comments: