Friday, February 12, 2010

OMG It's Friday!

Can you believe how fast this week has zoomed by? For me. Today we were up a bit later than usual (Riley slept in) and G and I both took fast showers and left for the Freeport Cafe and breakfast. I had my "usual" of three over easy eggs and one blueberry pancake. It was delicious. Then we stopped in at the Cuddledown outlet because my intuition said I should. And, upstairs in the bargain section, what to my wondering eyes did I find but a Buttercup (yellow) Italian Linen king flat sheet and pillow cases. Yippee!!!

I adore linen sheets, especially the Italian ones. Yes, they cost $249 regular price but I buy them at 70% off. And they are cool in summer and warm in winter. I don't know how they do that, but they do. And I had purchased a Buttercup fitted sheet many years ago but never could find the flat. Everything is now in the washer. These linen sheets do get better, softer and more yummy with every wash and dry. When I cleaned out my linen closet a few weeks ago, I gave most of the regular sheet sets to Goodwill. I "wanted" white linen pillow cases today but they were only available as full price. $94 each. Yes, you read that correctly. $94 for one king size pillow case. Remember, my mom called me "the little princess" (and not in a nice way).

I tried on and wore my LL Bean chocolate down coat today. I could snap all the snaps without gaps or pulls around the hips. Not loose like it was when I bought it, but way better than it was 4 weeks ago before the diet when it fit like a sausage casing. A bit of progress. The coat is going in the washer after the sheets are done. Since it fits, I will be wearing it again. It is very warm. And my brown leather gloves were in the pockets. Had been looking for them.

I folded and knotted all the plastic grocery bags that were collecting all over the house and filled a cloth bag with them. Handy and not so unsightly. We take a couple bags with us whenever we walk Riley. We are "good neighbors" and take everything back home with us. We are in the minority.

Survivor was a delight. A dislocated shoulder, popped right back in by the medics and Steph was back in the game. Rupert broke his toe in two places. The Villains team could be aka the Jerks. The Heros caught some chickens and have them cooped up and laying eggs. Sugar has gone home, thank goodness. Looks like an interesting season and because everyone is getting older, we should see lots of medical emergencies. Boston Rob was unconscious in next week's preview. Good times.

Riley and G are back from the walk. I will be trying out iPhoto once we hook the camera to this computer again. Fun.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nothing wrong with being a princess in my book, And I should know, I have it down to a T!