Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Red, Red Roses. I just wish they had a bit of fragrance. I brought them home with me yesterday after a long day. Made even longer by not having slept the night before. The Tirimisu at the restaurant was definitely made with caffeine fueled Espresso. I was wide awake all night. Last night, I slept after a long, hot shower.

While not sleeping Friday night, I came up with a pretty good plan for an Easter Bunny House. A floral fabric wrapped cardboard house (trimmed with fake carrots) with fake vegetable filled window boxes, a picket fence (tongue depressors), a garden (with fake radishes), a roof covered in bunches of paper raffia "thatch" and a tree in the side yard with Easter Tree ornaments. Now, when is Easter? Do I have time to get this done? Time to get to Michaels in Augusta for supplies?

The house will be smaller than my usual Houses and the yard and garden larger since Bunnies are all about vegetable gardens. And I will glue on the window frames and doors rather than cut them into the cardboard. Now to find the right sized box for the house. I already have the perfect fabric. And the spray adhesive.

I have IRONING to do today. G is going back to work tomorrow morning and needs shirts. And I need to go to the grocery store for food, since I will be going back to work cooking dinner every night. Vacation is over. And I have work to do myself as I am teaching a class on Windowsill Gardening next Saturday. I know what I grow on my windowsills but I have to discover what else can be grown. And how. And, I want to read my Wallander!!!

My books are piling up on the reading bench. G is going through his pretty quickly. I haven't had time for my paper journal or for any Doodles. This is what happens when I'm not here at home alone. I need a few days of being alone to set everything right.

We are supposed to be having a wee bit of snow this week, I have my Curling schedule here on my desk calendar, my books, my homework, my coffee and G and Riley have gone for a walk in the woods. The only sound is the clock ticking. Do you think anyone would mind if I went back to bed?

My Valentine to Myself arrived yesterday. The 3 quart All Clad saucepan with lid. Very nice.

3 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Valentine gifts to yourself are the best.
Valentine wishes to you.

Diane N said...

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millenium Trilogy #3 - Stieg Larsson) comes out May 25th. Thought you would like to know.

Deborah Boschert said...

Lovely roses! Really, they usually don't look so pretty. I think roses are overrated, but yours are gorgeous.