Saturday, January 09, 2010

I'm Happy About Pottery Barn Packaging

I love getting packages from Pottery Barn. The bowls I ordered are from Sri Lanka, so I think the packaging is also something they did. I love the way everything fits together, the textures of the cardboard (ribbed and smooth/ curled and folded). There was another layer under the folded edging and over the bowls, which nested in the curled circles of cardboard.

I admit to pulling the bowls out and enjoying the cardboard more than what I had purchased.

Then I put them back inside the box, to snap a picture for you. Isn't this gorgeous? Smooth and rough. Brown and white. Little nests.

And the bowls are just right. Not holding 32 ounces but 3 cups to the rims. Perfect for oatmeal or cold cereal. Fitting into my cupped palms just so. I'm very happy. This is one of the also newly purchased spoons. Part of a "catering set" of 12 each of spoons, forks and knives.

I had a picture of the nice wooden box they came in. Not from Sri Lanka but from China. Towle of China. Isn't anything made in America? We could make bowls and spoons couldn't we? But, perhaps the price would be too high and no one would buy them? I don't understand.

Yesterday's tomato basil soup with homemade cheese dumplings was well received by G. I had the remains of my New Year's Eve Butternut ravioli. Tonight, G will be having soup and I will be having a salad. A Greek salad with feta and olives.

This morning I acted as a "witness" to the exchange of a child by divorcing parents. ----- And my reward (and my friend's) was a lovely breakfast at the Freeport Inn. Blueberry Pancakes. I got home in time to feed my little guy his lunch and bundle up for the "big" walk with Yak Trax on for sure footed walking. And then, because I'm so nice, I took my folding chair out onto the deck (even though it is 21 degrees) and sat in the sunshine while Riley chewed on sticks. He likes company. Now he's napping and I am blogging. I only have three more magazines to look through before tossing another 3 or 4 years worth into the recycling container. And I have all the boxes from my purchases to break down and add to the pile.

I watched two episodes of West Wing last night. Mark Harmon got shot again. (which upset me just as much as last time and I had to eat chips to calm myself down) I fast forwarded through all the scenes with the President. Don't care for Martin Sheen in this role and know the story line. I have 14 more saved episodes to get through. Took all the decorations off the tree. And the lights. Tomorrow I'll pack it all up. G will bring the Christmas box down from the attic for me.

I am still smiling. It's pretty damned amazing. This happiness stuff is the bomb!

2 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I always find it hard to give up the tree and its lights, much as I might gripe at putting it up in the first place. Once it's up, I love it, even keep it lit at night in case I wake up. But, have you noticed, the days are truly getting longer. I got home from work today at 5:45 and it wasn't full dark. Oh, joy.

Jeannie said...

I love corrugated cardboard, so much design potential and your new bowls are gorgeous. I don't take down our lights or tree until the weather turns sunnier and it isn't dark at 4:30 pm! Have a good weekend.