Wednesday, July 05, 2023

Field Notes- Wednesday, July 5th. The Day After.


 The Day After Fourth of July.  Ours was wet.  It rained off and on.  

We were invited to eat with the Twins Family.  And other guests.  It was a lovely jumble of neighbors and we had good conversation and the food was wonderful.   One of the twin boys played the piano.  He's getting to be quite good at it.  They were going to a Sea Dog's baseball game with fireworks.  We used to do that.

I am trying to be more neighborly.  They invited us during COVID and I always declined. So now we have gone for Christmas Dinner and now Fourth of July.  One of the Twins walked us home.

The guy who inherited number 3 on our street after his mother died (dementia) has decided to sell the house.  He filled two dumpsters with the contents of the house (his mother's things)- stuff that would have been welcomed at thrift stores or Goodwill.....but instead went into the dumpster.  I wonder if he had already inhaled all the cash she left him?  He has a drug abuse problem.  The front yard is littered with stuff.  We will see how it goes...... I know the shag carpeting has been peed on by the cats and I doubt anyone has vacuumed it regularly.

Well, I am hungry and need to make my oatmeal.  I just finished a Nancy Thayer Nantucket book. People died as usual.  But no crockpot suppers.



2 comments:

Kim Carney said...

mothers stuff in dumpster.... makes me sick

Joanne S said...

Yes///the entire neighborhood is SICK of him.......Reminds me- strongly of my younger brother living with mom.
He was the same as this guy........drugs and ....never mind.