Sunday, July 09, 2023

Field Notes- Sunday July 6th. AC Units are off. Clouds and Rain are Back. 70 degrees 94% humidity.


 Theresa Rego.  Happy Color.

I used to appliqué flowers that looked like this on polka dot fabric.  Made me very happy. Perhaps on plain cream fabric might have been better????

IN FACT: There are nine 24 inch square blocks of flowers like this on dark cream background with small blue dots: covered in red, blue and yellow hand appliqué flowers and appliquéd (hand) strip borders..... I stitched squares on point all along the border strips.......yards of them...it would have been a gorgeous square wall hanging.  Instead all the pieces are encased in a hand made fabric portfolio to carry --it around. and these past years- to keep it flat.

So.....furnace is running.  I don't know why.  I didn't do any dishes.  I did rinse something off.  No one has taken a shower....it's a mystery.  Now it's gone off.  Just "topping up the hot water" in case we need heat, I guess.

We used the AC that one day.  Got all the moisture out of the house.  No intention on my part to open any windows.  If husband wants fresh air--he can sit on the Sun Porch with the door shut.

I might add Outdoors in July and August,Open Windows in same two months, to my "I don't do that anymore list".  Ironing is on that list....for the full year.  I realized the other day when my son mentioned in an email that first thing he does on arrival is get rid of my stove.......like I care.  I boil water for pasta (include Kraft Mac and Cheese and steamed rice) and bake Pizza.  Period.  

Perhaps he intends to cook?  I can help.

I do want to buy an electric frying pan to make pancakes.  And a hand mixer.  Dragging out the big Kitchen Aid is overkill.  The Food Processor is an accident waiting to happen.  Getting the blade out to wash.......I have nightmares of cutting off my fingers (a 40 year nightmare)

I watched a cooking show yesterday where they did boneless chicken breasts on the grill after marinating in a mixture of stuff and half a cup of Fish Sauce.  O. M. G.  They kept saying "it doesn't taste fishy".....

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Maybe add an air fryer to your appliance list? And if you have the storage space, maybe an electric griddle instead of the electric skillet? You could make so many pancakes and freeze them.