Sunday, July 16, 2023

Field Notes from Soggy Maine. Sunday July 16th. Rain and 70 degrees.


 Image referencing the pile of 1930's hand pieced and quilted quilts in the Attic.  These are commercially made by a company trying to sell them to me via emails. All the same design. Just different colors. I doubt these were made in America.

I've noticed an uptick in Readers- in the 30's.  Wow.  Are you new to this blog or just people visiting more than once????  Inquiring mind wants to know..........

It was damp and wet yesterday but not actually raining (more just air filled with water)....today we are actually having rain.  Vermont flooded again yesterday.  New Hampshire is blocking us from enjoying Vermont's flooding.  And the Atlantic Ocean might be pushing things west.  We are supposed to have had thunder and lightning. but...didn't happen as yet.  My house is but minutes away (by car) from the Atlantic Ocean.  So there is that.

I am running out of food.  Husband still has a stack of prepared meals and I boiled a box of pasta for him the other day....so he could have way MORE carbs........ He has been skipping the evening coffee and carbs (cookies/cake).........but still...a lot of carbs.  No vegetables. Unless marinara is a vegetable. I thawed out a ball of pizza dough in case I felt like turning on the OVEN!!!!!!

I spent some of yesterday:  pruning purple smoke bush, covering the plants outside with netting- deer eating things---reading my new favorite book--- (for the fourth or sixth time)......I have the AC unit on today as it is getting moist in here...... and the AC removes humidity.  I don't think we will be seeing the SUN today and if it stays wet outside- we won't be seeing the Lawn Mowing Guy either on Monday.

I am going to read.  Make another cup of either decaf coffee or decaf tea with extra sugar.  I took my vitamins.....I discovered plain bagels in the fridge so...toasted with melted cheese and sweet pickles for luncheon.....yum. Husband is asleep on the sunporch with a word search book and pen. All is well.


1 comment:

Paula, the quilter said...

We've been having ozone alerts with the accompanying warnings for sensitive individuals to stay inside. My lungs can feel the difference on days with/without the alerts. I hide in my basement sewing/quilting room. Not only is it cooler but I can stay out of the sun. I've had surgery for melanoma so I am very cognizant of sunshine.