Thursday, July 20, 2023

Field Notes- Thursday July 20th. A bit cooler- Still NO Breezes off the Ocean.


 This is Chocolate Mousse.   Sounds Delicious.  Looks Delicious.  I don't have any.

I found a note on my desk for a Heart Healthy Diet.  2 to 3 servings of Fruit (one cup)....2 to 3 servings of Vegetables a DAY (one cup).  Three to four servings a WEEK of Legumes (beans) (half cup).  7 WEEKLY servings of NUTS. And 2-3 WEEKLY servings of FISH.  14 WEEKLY servings of Whole Fat Dairy.

The 14 WEEKLY SERVINGS of Whole Fat Diary is rather mind blowing.  That would be Butter? But they neglected to mention the size of a serving.   

Anyway, a Vegetable Serving is 2 medium carrots (i usually eat double that as a snack and I buy large carrots), five or six Broccoli florets ( why bother?), one large sweet potato (with butter), one large bell pepper, one ear of corn, (no way I eat only one), One medium potato- just no. One large tomato-well, yes on two slices of white bread with tons of mayo (my fat serving).

Just no,

I had Bran Flakes and Lactate free milk for breakfast.  Coffee.  My vitamin. My statin. My eye health pill.

I uncovered the Ornamental Containers before breakfast..  They lived thru another night.  The DEER come at night to eat things.  There is some sunshine today.  But the sky isn't blue.  Air Quality is supposedly better than yesterday but still not normal.  900 Canadian wildfires. I am guessing Mother Nature is holding a big Canadian Grudge.  

No comments: