Monday, July 10, 2023

Field Notes- Monday, July 10th. Rain overnight, Muggy 99% humidity. 68 degrees.


 Not mine...

So, dampness.  No sunshine.  Deer came early yesterday to  eat things in the landscape....they prefer that to weeds and grass.  A big deer- stayed chewing as I walked up behind him......said "boo" and he ran for the neighbor's yard.   I covered my annual containers early.

Today I wore my raincoat and took my umbrella.   Post Office first- to mail my bill payments safely (thieves are stealing bill payment mail from on the street boxes) and then to buy stamps.......but the one clerk was deep in the woods with a customer and the guy was trying his best to flirt with the customer he had.  The woman behind me said last week they took all the stamps out of circulation- with prices on them......now the stamps have nothing on them so the price of postage can freestyle.......  I said what I didn't like was the Passport business.  And just like that....the woman being jollied left and the next customer said- "I need to renew my passport".......and I left the building.  NO STAMPS.

Grocery........a very very large Man- - had packed a small styrofoam container with chicken nuggets....and the container was open and he was eating the nuggets and spitting what he didn't like on the floor...........I was near the Bakery so I mentioned it.....they had seen the guy...I raised two teenagers and I know the "look".......they said it wasn't "their department".  I said you do work here??????  Call someone in the Fried Food department?????

Later I discovered that Police (husband saw them) had been sitting by the entrance.....and then he said they left... at around the time they might have had to go in and speak to a refrigerator sized man. Eating Fried Chicken nuggets. Spitting on the floor.

I have the AC unit running.   To get rid of moisture.  Husband is eating his grapes- just choked on one. Lord....I am tired of all this....just being alive is wearing me out.

Lunch buddy Email---Lunch Tomorrow?  God Bless Her..YES!!!!!

1 comment:

LindaSonia said...

Label 'Refrigerator sized'man cracked me up. Not sure if you meant it to be funny but it was to me. :-)