Saturday, July 22, 2023

Field Notes- Saturday, July 22nd. Rained overnight...everything wet outside and it's cloudy and cool.


 I've had this here before, I think.  I am trying to remove FOOD images from the picture file.  Hard to see what is in there.....I think this image was here a few days ago.... sorry about that. I remember writing about making pickles.

I have End of July Fatigue.  Mosquitos, Damp Air, Humidity, ....the Sun just came out so the temps outdoors will rise pretty quickly.  I had hoped for a day minus the AC unit running. Sky remains a flat grey.   I am thankful the smoke is high enough that we can't SMELL it.

Neighbors on both sides of my house now have Heat Pumps.  On tv they mention the pumps running on electricity.....and how it that better?  Maine refuses to hook up with Canadian Hydro Power. Which is pretty damn stupid.  The power is made by water..... Maine closed down it's nuclear power plants years ago.  We had two of them--well, we still have them....sitting idle.

I might cave eventually and get heat pumps for the house........or not.  That's how I roll.

Library notice that I have books on the hold shelf.  Last time...someone had taken the book on hold for me... hadn't checked it out...just took it.  The Library Desk Person told me "it happens".  What sort of person does that?  Takes a book on hold for someone else......just because they want to.

The American Women's Soccer Team won last night.  Three to zero.  The goalie on the Vietnam team was fierce.  USA came at her (repeatedly) and she defended......


No comments: