Thursday, July 06, 2023

Field Notes- Thursday. July 6th. 8:50 am. Yep...up way way too early.


 King Arthur.  Sends me emails...pictures of their products.  Like I am going to bake anything. Years too late for any of their special flour packages.

Mushrooms growing in the Grass Growing Experiment (out front) of a few Summers Ago.  The WHY of it...don't know.  White and quite dense.  I pick them and toss into the untended wild section....grow there if you want or animals can come eat them..  I sprayed the ant hills in the sidewalks this morning.  They were busy running away.

We had a visit from an orange FOX this morning before I made my coffee......usually RABID. So not welcomed with any joy on my part.  The deer haven't come to eat things.....they were here in early spring. I usually see a lot of big black crows under the hanging from the big oak tree bird feeders.......none of those. Perhaps the FOX ate them...? 

One year there was a massacre of great proportion across the street on my neighbor's back deck......half eaten bodies of all sorts of small animals.....ugh.

The three or four days of dampness and rain overnight has caused the grass to grow "abundantly"...I sent an email to the Grass Guy.  He will arrive Friday to cut.  I was going for every other week...but that plan has died a quick death, I think....until we stop having rain.....then the grass itself will die. Some of this is directly due to TruGreen coming twice and heavily fertilizing.....then disappearing again.

I know some of you will just sigh and say "about time" regarding the next sentence......okay...I did two loads of washing yesterday and WALKED AWAY from the machine.  Yes, I walked away and did "other things" while it finished spinning, rinsing etc etc.  And then I started a second load.  And didn't stay.  I checked in.  But not in a fussy horrid way.

I still have no idea how anything gets so very clean and soft.  ONE tiny detergent pod.  Very little water.  Lots of strange noises that sound like whales........ but the pod has "stain lifters" so there is that........

Getting my hair cut at 10:30.   Worried about parking already.  Will go down the road to my past place of employment to buy Marigolds....one planter needs them...... DMV on the 18th. Daughter finally found time.

No comments: