Saturday, July 29, 2023

Field Notes- Sat July 29th. sunshine, possibly rain. Definitely Huey Helicopters overhead. the big heavy ones.


 I said no more food images.  But this is Peach Cobbler.    If I had a pan like this.....mine (when I remember to make it) would look like this.  But instead it's deeper and less attractive but damn fine eating.

Last shopping trip the peaches were small and hard.  I decided to wait a bit.  I also might decide to look for frozen peaches.  And remind myself to buy vanilla ice cream.

Humidity is HIGH here.  Going outside is like being ironed. With a very hot STEAM iron.

I stripped the bed- everything is in the washer......ready for me to push the RED start button.  The START BUTTON.  Who would have thought I would have a machine with a RED START BUTTON????? not me.

I am sort of thinking about washing the down pillows.  But have to do research.

Breakfast is done.  I had Bran Flakes.  Not Oatmeal.  I still have coffee and my three daily pills to take. I need to circle back around to the table and do that..... the library is also sending notification about wanting books back.  Seems like I just checked them out.

I uncovered the ornamental annual containers.   One needed water.  Checked on the across the street neighbor and brought her paper up to the house porch. I emailed to make sure she was okay. She is and reported that family from Brooklyn New York is coming to Maine for August.   Mom, Dad, Baby and Dog. How nice to have family come for a month..

When we lived in Europe we would visit family in America for 4 to 6 weeks.....they were not as excited as my neighbor is. oh well.....



No comments: