Thursday, July 13, 2023

Field Notes- Thursday, July 13th. Humid and I think Hot today with a promise of Rain. Thunder.


 I have the window AC unit running.  All doors and windows closed.  It's Sunny and Humid outdoors.

I moved the very leggy tomato plants out front...I don't think I will be moving them to the back garden. Husband moved them because he couldn't see out the glass door.    "this is my Life".

Because if I move the tomato plants  to the back fenced garden.....then husband will want to run hose from house to garden......and it won't go smoothly and the grass cutting etc.  Too many moving parts......too much of a chance of expensive Maine water to be running all night. Into the garden or wherever he has left the hose.  House Water (also for showers etc)- has gotten very expensive. 

I think he sent the bag of deposit bottles with the garbage on Monday.  He is now thinking anything in a bag goes out with the garbage.  I usually have to sit and try and follow the scrabbled path of his thinking to figure out how he has gotten to the point we are discussing.  He looks at me like he has no idea, at all, what we are talking about. And then goes and does something .... and I have another thing to worry about.

But he is NOW doing the Word Jumble in each day's paper.  He could NOT do it before.

The brain is a mystery...even to brain scientists.

I have him organizing his bird food packages- they was spread all over the sunporch floor.  Which is an open invite to chipmunks, mice and rats to enter the house.  He is living under the impression that birds like "an Assortment" in the feeders and actually, they like black oil sunflower seeds...period.  Seeds we buy in huge bags.

He is the ONE who likes an assortment.......not the BIRDS.

I got to the breakfast table and have been Cranky ever since.......I might need tranquilizers.

He has disappeared.....I have to find out where he has gone......till tomorrow.

No comments: