Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Field Notes- Wednesday, July 19th. Very Hot. Very very Humid. Sky is a grey white color.


 Sky is the color of the center cactus in this image.   Was yesterday and again today.  Canadian Smoke. Maine in July and August is KNOWN for it's outrageously BLUE Summer Sky.  Not this Summer. And there is NO breeze off the water- The Atlantic Ocean Breeze.  All the leaves are still, not moving.

I had to water everything in containers this morning.

I also did a load of wash...the new underwear plus whatever we had been wearing for a few days......and then walked away to read the paper and eat Bran Flakes and drink coffee.  Like a Real Adult Person not terrified the washer will spill water and ruin the new hardwood floors.  Like I have done for YEARS.

I feel like someone new has taken over my body. And mind.   Everything is now in the Dryer.

It's a nice feeling.  I am re-reading a Susan Mallory book.  Boardwalk Bookshop.  It's different this time. Because I AM different this time.  And that surprises me.  Yes, everything is surprising me.

I think the twenty minutes in the DMV was--life changing.  Who spends only 20 minutes at the DMV-  And truth be told- if I had been the only one needing to see one of the clerks (daughter not needing a new license as well)- we would have been in and out in 10 minutes.  Or less.  Blew My Mind.  I brought a BOOK to READ.

I can no longer send anything from my iPhone.  It still gets messages etc.  But isn't able to send anything. So as much as I would like to take pictures of my Daily Cactus......I can't share them with you.  And that takes 80% of the JOY away from the process.......October.  Will get a new iPhone in October. We'll both be waiting for my son to arrive in Maine.  My stack of 500 index cards is also waiting for October.

Well, I think my new underwear is dry- now I need to fold.


No comments: