Thursday, February 16, 2012

Walking The Dog Boots

With the addition of YakTrax for the icy paths in the woods.  The places that have been melting and refreezing on these warm Springlike days.  Today it was in the 40's.  Only my over jacket.  The down under jacket stayed home as did the hat and gloves.  The ground was covered in frozen white snow but the air smelled like spring.  Riley was extra busy sniffing the many tracks the squirrels have been making in the woods.  We haven't seen squirrels in a long time.

G and I went out for a nice long lunch today.  At 1pm.  And then Walmart.  Where two very very overweight women  (huge thighs and rear ends) were walking a very tiny dog to their car.  They had taken the dog into the store.  G said it might have been a service dog.  I said yes, it would bark if they got too close to something low fat.  I was immediately ashamed of myself.  Walmart brings out the worst in me.

Along with some egg beaters and sausage links, I purchased a thigh shaping girdle.  Or "shape wear" as it is now being called.  I hope it is more comfortable than the Spanx, which are more of an aerobic exercise unit than an undergarment.  I even purchased the larger of the two sizes I might fit into.  I just want to compress some of the thigh jiggle and lumpiness.  What I would like to invent is two rubber bands that you use to pull up all the excess skin from the knees to the upper thigh.  Resulting in smooth youthful legs.  Try it with your hands.  Make a circle around one knee and then gently move your circled hands up toward your hip.  Smoothing and tightening your skin.   And then there is the Buddha belly I developed in middle school which just won't go away. Perhaps the "shape wear" will flatten it out.

I finished a Kate Atkinson book last night.  Case Histories.  Now I want to re-watch the Masterpiece Brody episodes (based on this book).  Person of Interest is on tonight.  And the latest Asa Larsson mystery is right here next to me.  Ready and waiting for me to turn to page one.

Survivor has now been relegated to TiVo.  I will only watch if I can fast forward through the tedious and actually stupid parts.  Like most of last night.  The two most obnoxious male contestants are- drum roll please, a banker and a lawyer.  The banker STOLE the girls' supplies.  The lawyer thinks he is running the entire show. Talk about two guys who think they are "entitled" to whatever they want.  And the other two guys (four good looking clones) just walk around half naked. I can visualize them stalking the camera crews, trying to get filmed.  Tedious.  Not interested in air headed boy toys.

Like I said before, Person of Interest tonight.

1 comment:

gema said...

You made me laugh so hard at 5am this morning..."Walmart brings out the worst in me."

Then the third paragraph confirmed my ongoing suspicions we are the same person living parallel lives! Two days ago I went into TK Maxx here, same as your UK/American TJ Maxx. I purchased a body shaper, why I do not know...lol. Then on arriving home I decided to don my eyeglasses and read the fine print on the packaging. The recommendation of which size to choose depending on your weight and height in the scales. Well my weight is in the last/highest range and the manufacturer then suggested..."If your weight falls within a range, we suggest you choose the next size up". I almost fell off my bed with laughter then. For me there is no 'next size up'. I was already holding the largest size. Haven't tried it yet though.

In 2009 we celebrated my mother's 80th. I didn't have a dress to wear but I was lucky. Went into a local boutique and found a lovely pure silk dress in size 20. I needed at least a 22 at that time. It so happened that some Columbians were in town (TV Ads and all) selling these whole body shapers. My sis and I went to the venue and I purchased one....it promised to make me at least a size or two smaller.
We should have filmed the part with
me laying on the bed and hubby hovering above working the zipper to get me into this thing. I cannot remember the last time I laughed so hard. BUT, it worked. I was as sleek as a tight barrel the day of the party.