Saturday, February 25, 2012

Morning Attire

Since I decided, somehow, to take pictures of what I am wearing each day, here is what I have on right now.  Pajama pants, a tee and a baggy sweater from Eddie Bauer.  It has fuzzy messes all over the surface and therefore, can never be worn in public.  Lucky for EB, I had wanted it as a robe/sweater.

I just now carried the largest of the Clivia downstairs since the flower stalks are about to open in lovely yellow orange blossoms.  G will enjoy the show.  It's over four feet across.  I also spent considerable time looking for the discharged black fabric with the wide expanses of white for my Winter 12 by 4 block.  Do you think I could find it?  Like my little green scissors (missing for weeks) the fabric will be discovered in plain sight. Somewhere that I walked past ten or twenty times in each of all those days the little scissors went missing.  I just now found both pieces of fabric.  Now, I just need to walk the dog and then try and figure out how to make what I can see in my mind.

I did try to discharge two other pieces of black.  One refused to do anything.  The other discharged immediately but only to a creamy coffee colored "light".  The best was this gauzy black that discharged right down to pure white.  And, it was the very first black I ever tried to discharge with bleach.  Beginner's luck.  I've heard of women who travel with little bottles of bleach and buy quarter yards and run out to the parking lot to test discharge.  Always looking for the black that will discharge to white.

I can't find the black that discharged to rusty orange either.  I wanted to use both.  If I find one, I will find the other.

My cheesecake turned out just fine.  And baking it in the 8 inch springform made it very tall.  Nice presentation.  I had to go to two groceries to find tiny mandarin oranges. No clementines.  I also found bar cloths which I had been looking for at the Walmarts but couldn't find.  Now I know where Target hides them.  I returned the garden clogs.  Too heavy and stiff.  The ones I ordered online will be here someday.

Riley has eaten his lunch and is making plans to annoy me into taking him for his walk, sooner rather than later.  First, he has to watch and see when I go down to my room to put on outside clothing.  I did NOT sleep well last night and am very tired and cranky.  I don't know why I didn't sleep well.  As soon as I climbed into bed, I knew I wasn't going to sleep.  Stuffy nose, restless thoughts.  Just like the week we were in Florida.  I never slept well.  Always tired.  Actually, I was pretty miserable for the entire week in Florida.

Okay, Riley.  I hear you!

No comments: