Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday's Uniform

This is the first time this "outfit" has been out of the closet and off the hanger.  As you can see, my jeans are a bit loose in the caboose.  I have a long sleeve tee under the "just right fitting" men's shirt (M) and the sweater is bulky, but it's what I already owned.  I got the hair right.  This seems to be a fashionable look right now.  Shirt tails hanging below a sweater.  Perhaps not for me.  I will see how long I can stand wearing the weight of all these tops.  It feels too bulky.  The sweaters must be lighter weaves.  And I can add a scarf.

I managed to find something to stand on in the only room with a mirror.  So this is as much of me as you will ever get to see, unless I teeter on the top step, which is always a prelude to stepping off into nothing and then hitting the floor.  I forget that I am "up".  Wasn't that a cute movie?  UP.

The black pants and tunic are in the wash.  I will try to get a picture of the new drapey black sweater that cost $8.  I need to move the snap on the right side to a better position.  I think this is why no one else purchased the sweater.  If I was younger, I would wear the sweater (with a swingy fullness at the bottom) over black leggings (the long hem line covers a multitude of hip sins) and ballet flats.  But I can see this new drapey sweater looking okay over the polka dot skirt this Spring.  Now, if I could just get G to start dressing like he used to.  He was quite the peacock when he was corporate.  Well, he still does look very good when he is at work.  Professional.  Spiffy.  I can't really "over dress" if he is wearing jeans and a sweatshirt to dinner. Until then, I will dress up for lunch dates with my lady friends.  Or the grocery store.

My yellow and gray scarf has undergone two transformations since you last saw it.  I removed a section (the turtleneck fabric) and am now going to sew the sleeves (yes, I repurposed the sleeves) to the tee shirt sections.  This is the body of the tee, front and back, cut up the side seams and under the sleeves and then sewn together so the stripes go around the width and not along the width.  These two sections are folded right sides in and the sleeves are slipped in side and sewn at the outside edges and then I closed the long open seam, but not all the way, as I need to turn the scarf right side out.  I can fold the scarf in half and bring the "tails" (sleeves) out.  They look finished and can even be tied into a bow.  I DID prefer the loop of fabric which I got by simply cutting the body of the shirt off under the sleeves.  I think this would work with any solid colored tee.  I was interested in the stripes, so that is why I kept unsewing and remaking the scarf.  My turtle neck tee was also very long in the body and stretchy which gives me lots room to pull an stretch the scarf.  Your results may vary depending on the stretch of your tee.  Now is a great time to check the clearance racks for really cheap winter tees.  Make scarves!

I woke up this morning and (even though I feel lighter) I had gained half a pound.  I have gained half a pound every morning for the past three days.  I am REALLY limiting what I eat and have not had my usual amount of raw almonds for snacks.  And I have eaten only two meals a day.  My rings were loose yesterday, not so much today (restaurant meal yesterday and I could taste the excess amounts of salt in the food) so I am retaining water.  I have added grapefruit and tangerines to my diet.  There could be enough extra carbs in the fruit to screw with the Atkins Fat Burning Thing.  But I intend to eat citrus until the winter citrus season is over.  I love those little "Cuties".  I would LOVE Tangerine scented body scrub. I should just rub myself with the peels.

I gave myself a facial treatment this morning after my shower.  I want to try the serum mask that French Essence recommended but $118 is way more than I am comfortable spending, even if Cate Blanchard does put it on during transcontinental flights.  Who is this new person writing this blog and what have you done with Joanne?

A quick edit:  I have a bell attached to the back door handle for the dog.  He rings the bell and I know he wants to go.  BUT!  Now he rings when he wants his lunch served.  Exactly at 12 noon.  How does he know?

3 comments:

Diane N said...

You look so much thinner in this photo. Personally I am not a fan of shirt tails hanging out beneath sweaters but then I am old school and I can still hear "Tuck it in" echoing from days past.

All your hard work has been worth it!

gema said...

You look fab and fun. Love the outfit and Ooooomyyyygolly, you are SUPER slim!!!

My eyes popped just now...lol..well done.

gema said...

Read your post to the end and my question would not be how does the dog know it is 12 O'Clock, but how does he know to ring the bell? I think dogs have a good feeling for time....and I truly believe and can swear by it, they can read minds...lol.