Tuesday, February 21, 2012

And Tuesday I Had My Hair Cut

I asked for a chic French style haircut and I got one.  Plus a $25 tin of some sort of sticky stuff that holds my hair in place and makes it shiny.  I can run my fingers thru my hair and move it all back into place, where it stays.  I even wore my hat and then rearranged my hair.  I seem to have misplaced my French dictionary.  I wanted to type something French. I have to settle for WOW.

I also returned my dress to CC (Coldwater Creek) and succumbed to the spell of 60% off the lowest sale price.  I now own a new white shirt (very nice) and a silvery jacket that can switch from blazer collar to Mandarin (looks fantastic with my hair) and a tweedy black and white jacket I'm not quite sure about (but was so cheap I just went ahead and bought it.  The salesperson said it would look great with a purple top (which I happen to own and only wore once because it goes with nothing) and black jeans.  We'll see. Wearing a color like purple scares me.  I really don't wear much color at all.

At TJ Maxx I shopped for THE item I actually went in there for:  a pink scarf.  I also picked up a black and off white print silk and cashmere scarf which was reduced in price (and looks fantastic with my hair) and a Calvin Klein sheath dress (14) in sterling silver (which looks great with the new slivery jacket).  Fits like it was custom made for me.  And I picked up a size M swimwear coverup which I intend to wear over knee length leggings.  It was so cute that the two women over by swimwear each bought one after seeing me carrying it.  And it looked fantastic on me.  Go figure.  The moon and the planets must be aligned in some weird one time only formation.

I got home in time to walk the dog while it was still sunny.  Then I worked on peeling potatoes and hand cutting cabbage for cole slaw.  Then I mixed some low carb dressing.  We had pot roast which had been slow cooking all day while I was away.  It was delicious. G is enjoying the low carb (high fat) way of life as I add butter and heavy cream to his mashed potatoes.  I don't eat potatoes.  I had pot roast and lots and lots of cole slaw and steamed Brussels sprouts.  I am very full. Only two meals today.

I feel much better with my new hair cut.  I'll try and get a picture for the blog.  The temps tomorrow are supposed to reach 50 degrees.  I know Riley is darned excited about that.  I didn't think it mattered but Maine without winter is a great place to be.  Life is good.

No comments: