Friday, February 10, 2012

Chocolate

The Lindt Shop had a devilishly delicious sale yesterday.  These bars were selling for $3.98 (which I still think is less than anywhere else) in the front of the shop.  I had decided to buy one.  But in the back of the shop, I could buy TEN for $15.  Which I did. They expire in September.  Several of the tempting low carb recipes on Candice's blog over on the right, use a bar of this chocolate, in chunks.  Like the new version of chocolate chunk cookies. I haven't tried any of the recipes as yet--I was still looking for peanut flour and coconut flour.  Now, these dark chocolate bars are higher in carbs ( 9 per 4 squares) than the sugar free ones.  But these won't make you fart like a choo choo train.  No sugar alcohols.  So, perhaps, you limit yourself to 2 squares as a serving?

Now that I own sugar free vanilla syrup (Walmart) I intend to make the single serving warm chocolate cake from another blog site.  In fact, I added a mere teaspoon of the SF vanilla to my 6 ounces of Greek yogurt this morning and it was deliciously vanilla flavored.  I also had my very own frozen raspberries and a few chopped almonds with my yogurt breakfast.  I couldn't face another egg omelet this morning. I have to remember to add heavy cream to the fat free yogurt next time.  I mistakenly bought the fat free instead of the full fat version.  Same amount of carbs in both.  Nine per cup.  Flavored fat free is 38 carbs per 6 ounces.  Read the labels people!!!  Add your own flavors and fresh fruit.

Riley has been sleeping out on the back stoop, in the sun (I should be out there working on my tan).  He is warm and toasty.  Wanting either his lunch or his walk.  It's 10:30.  He'll be getting neither right now.  I am going to be taking a nice long shower, getting dressed and then looking at my 12 by 12 to see what I can do to move it along.  Looking takes so much time.  And I want to work on another project today.  A fact sheet for a class I may get to teach this Spring.  I could also go upstairs and do my Pilates routine.  Get re-started on that practice.  Build up the arm and shoulder muscles for going back to work.

Yesterday I didn't have a plan.  And that was okay.  But today, I think I need to be more focused.  A bit more focused.

1 comment:

Deborah Boschert said...

You are so right about looking taking a lot of time. I must remember to let my art steep -- like tea. Is that the right word? Or else I move too quickly and end up with something less than strong.