Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursday

Well, not that much happened.  I used up the cream cheese and ricotta I had in the fridge to make a lemon ricotta cheesecake.  Ten minutes in the oven I realized I had misread the amount of sugar (I used granulated Splenda but only 1/4 cup, not 1cup plus 1/4 cup), so I had to pull the pan out of the oven, pour whatever batter I could pour out of the pan, mix in the sugar and then pour the batter back into the pan and return to the oven.   The cheesecake is now chilling in the fridge.  I ground up whatever I had in a bag of pecan halves to make the crust with butter and one Splenda packet.

We walked the dog (G & I) and the woods paths are very icy and parts of the paths are under 6 inches of water, visited the library, returned the wrong sized bras I purchased (on what day?), and then visited Sears so I could try (a second time) to spend the Christmas Gift Card I have.  I found a black wrap sweater and thought, "oh, goody"  the card will be used up only to find the $42 sweater was marked down to $7.99.  80% off.  Then we went to eat.  Dinner.  Really early.  Like old people do.

Oh, and G received his handicapped placards.  So, he parked in the handicapped spots.  We were the only ones using any of the spots today.

I bought some garden clogs at Target and now I get to return them.  G finally ordered Slogger's Uni Sandals for me.  $50 including shipping for two identical pairs.  I have an old worn out pair that I love, but they have no traction (left) on the wet cement floors of the greenhouse.  They are perfectly fine on gravel in the perennial yard.  Closed toe so they don't scoop up gravel like the Crocs do.

I'm full of dinner.  And all the glasses of water I drank with dinner.  And I am sleepy and more than a little crabby.  It was gray and cloudy today and snow is forecast for tomorrow.  Six to eight inches.  Ugh! I have my pj bottoms on and I intend to watch tv until I fall asleep.

Change that forecast to ONE INCH of snow.  Yippee!!!!!!

No comments: