Thursday, April 11, 2024

Spring Notes- Sunday, April 14th. Deleting old post and writing a new one.


So. the new normal.   Delete and then type.  Yesterday we figured out that blogger had done an overnight upgrade and my old system here didn't support it.  Well, didn't support the New Post button.  I may try and add a different image but right now- why press my LUCK so to speak. And I do love my thread.

The Computer Engineer's laptop can open a new post.  So...there's that.  But he has important stuff on there and an old 77 year old working on a tiny keyboard can do quite a bit of accidental damage.  So I begged off of that.   We could also make a terrifying (for me) drive down I95 to Portland. Just the thought of it makes my stomach cramp up.  I haven't been on I95 in- possibly many years. The Apple store is there.

We could also JUST (I hate that word and I hear it so often these days- Just do this, Just do that)  I can't manage to do JUST anymore.  Anyway...we could JUST order a New Desk Top and have it shipped here.... We could.  We might.

Son carried down over a dozen storage boxes containing clothing... I sorted- stuff I will never wear is going to Goodwill (too small)....husband's stuff that Son doesn't want to wear is going to Goodwill. I did find several pairs of the moss green corduroy LLBean pants in sizes better suited to my 40 pound weight loss.  (which I may not be maintaining)  16 is too small and 20 is too big.  18 is just right??? we'll see.

I sharpened colored pencils from husband's spin around container.  For my notebook Daily Art Project. I drew my desktop computer and keyboard for yesterday's image.  I wish I could show it to you.  I actually think it would be fun to show you the previous day's art up top......someday. Quite a few pencils are watercolor pencils- meaning they are actually MY pencils.... and he took them and used them in his coloring books.  

Water is still collecting in the ditch next to the house- like old times.  And the Peepers are peeping.  My son had some very bad words to express about the noise waking him up very early in the morning.  I did not hear them.  I would have liked to hear them.  No deer in the backyard yet. And none of the fat birds that come each year with their tiny baby birds.  The April Snow might have put them off.

It has been a delight to hear from some of More Whiff's And Glimmer's blog readers.....  Pomegranate - I had lost you for a few years there...but so happy to get your comment!!!!


2 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

The ORDER! It's wonderful. I have what you need.

Nancy said...

Hi. I came over from Deb's place. How fun to see your color organized threads! I enjoyed reading the swing of life over here. From tasks to dreams. We're the same age, so I can relate :)
Be well.