Monday, April 29, 2024

Spring Notes- Monday April 29th. Sunshine 63 degrees. Maine Heat Wave.

 


Read Jane by April Lindner.  A modern adaptation of Jane Eyer falling in love with a rock star (with a wife in the attic). I have another adaptation...Jane and Edward which takes place in Canada (and a crazy wife in California).  I also have Jane in Love which is actually about Jane Austen falling in love in a time travel book.  It made me cry.   The first mentioned Jane--- It's a YA (young adult) book.  I like reading YA books. You might love reading this one.  It seems quite adult.

So...what needs doing now..is me actually reading Jane Eyre.  The problem for me-- the tiny tiny print in the one edition of Jane Eyre in the Maine Library System.... I could not manage it for more than a few lines before my eyes begged for mercy.  So...what to do?  The regular book weighed 40 pounds so large print might be too heavy to lift.  sigh.  Delightful if this is the worst of my troubles.

Eye exam day.  There will be no reading after that???

I had to do two catch up drawings in the Daily Art Book yesterday.  I used the pencil thing that make circles. For both.  I don't remember the name for that specific tool....I would ask Son...but-- I know it draws the circumference of a circle shape.  I did several circles within one larger circle.  And then drew lines and spaces and triangles inside.....then colored it all with my colored pencils.  Different but interesting.

That is actually a good description of my personality... Different.  But Interesting.

Not easy for everyone to "read" me.

The two books Deb L recommended are not actually in print as yet.   How strange is that?????

My property is littered (literally) with pieces of trees that are mid way to being cut down.  They keep promising to be finishing up....soon...but then something happens and I don't see them for a few days. Right now they are next door cutting down a tree.  I am the "envy" of all the neighbors as we all have nasty trees on our property... houses were just built in the midst of a modest woods that has now become  quite the mess.  Overly tall and not very healthy at all.  They do NOT want to spend money on trees. Or they can't spend money on trees.  The two doctors on the street have taken down some very very tall (and wide) trees and now have sunshine on their front lawns.  What a delight to actually SEE their houses.

2 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

Maine must be Mars. The library's paperback of The Outlaw Noble Salt is on my nightstand and Unknown Beloved was a hardcover borrowed last year. Both by Amy Harmon.

Joanne S said...

Yep- backward is the best identifier for Maine.