Sunday, April 21, 2024

Spring Notes- Sunday, April 21st-- 53 degrees and Sunshine


 A lovely yard and path to walk.  Long ago, I wanted this yard to look like that.

My neighbor across the street is packing up all her art.  One piece was a dye on fabric painting I did at the height of my interest in that sort of thing.  And she bought it long ago and had it framed.   And now, I bought it back.  And it's here now.  In my house.

I am not going to take it's picture until I figure out how to do it. But you will see it.

We did go out and look at new handles for the kitchen cupboards and we did select a very plain style in flat black. And my Son did one cupboard and we looked and got to know them and decided...yes...and he went and got enough for the rest of the kitchen.   One small injury during the process- his finger.  So 99% a success story.

Can I just say....those new modern handles on the cabinets- have changed the look and feel of my 1986 kitchen....it looks and feels brand new.  Amazing.

And for your Daily Laugh.....we asked daughter if we could borrow her electric frying pan.....to make things (like bacon and grilled cheese) until the appliance people come decide yes or no on the new stove fitting into the space and them being able to install it in the space (lots of moving parts).  

Daughter dropped off an electric frying pan...it was a wedding gift for me in 1968.  I said I wasn't sure I wanted to plug it in- Son said it would "only" blow the breaker if things weren't right....  He has a coupon for pizza so we are going to have Sunday Pizza as usual.

I don't like the word "just" as a modifier but "only" in regards to electricity might be worse.

No comments: