Saturday, April 27, 2024

Spring Notes- Saturday, April 27th. Sunshine and 48 degrees.


 Not mine....a friend who also got bulbs sent this...at the time our two bulbs had only leaves.

So...yesterday I put two more trees on the list and asked to have all the stumps ground down.  One of the guys did an excellent job of pruning my flowing crab tree.  It hadn't had a good hair cut in years...

The new trees are right next to the power line so my guy will need to have a bucket truck with one of those arms that lifts the guy working up and over the lines...so no one gets electrocuted.  Two of the three lines has a protective jacket..one does not...

Also I found out that the new next door neighbor's back yard is an actual LAKE of water...See everyone thinks all the water is coming from the small pond next to the side of my house.....no...just no... I get so tired of the cross the street homeowner and this new one next door-- saying the water in their yards is from my slim and not very deep watery area.   The next door neighbor is actually on higher ground so- it's just crazy talk.  His water is in MY YARD.

That's it for the neighborhood rant.

Car Insurance.  I need to change it all over to my name.  Just when you think all that is over you realize there can still be MORE.

I piled an entire storage tub of pants into the Goodwill Box.  I have two more but they can wait until Son makes a Goodwill Drop Off.  I am actually wearing some of the shirts that have been stored in tubs in the attic for years. Buttoned.  This is a real milestone.  One size smaller pants and buttoned shirts.

I am reading book three in a Deveraux Series that began with Met Her Match.  I believe there is one book before Met Her Match... I need to do some research......then there is...The Girl from Summerhill with the amazing first three pages.....and finally As You Wish. I need to have daughter buy me a copy of As You Wish.  And I need to discover the name of book one.  So a series of four...

I did some coloring yesterday.  I took a shower this morning and washed my hair.  I have my oatmeal in the microwave....grocery shopping went well.....we possibly forgot to buy stuff.....our list had three things on it.  I got oranges.  We had plenty of milk. I forgot to buy oatmeal...but I have a box of Bran Flakes.

Pretty excited about buttoned all the way shirts...even though I probably need to be wearing a sweater.


1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Good for you for taking care of the trees - and I'm glad you took care of the stumps. It makes such a difference in how your yard looks.