Monday, April 22, 2024

Spring Notes- Monday, April 22nd. Woodchipping- reminds me of Fargo.


 Lovely Salad.  I will be having salads this week minus the red stuff- never included in any of the salad green mixes..  Even though it's still pretty chilly in the house- it's sunny outside.  I am still wearing a sweater over a thermal shirt and wool socks--in the house.  If it stays chilly I will be making Soup in one of the Crock Pots.....(no working stove)

I am enjoying my second Gummy Vitamin... Gummies so I don't choke. On my Vitamin.  Once was enough.

The Tree Guys- a different group- is shoving the cut limbs and branches into the chipper...they brought their lunch coolers so I guess they plan to stay awhile.  The Tree Climber has not returned.

On our drive to Town, we see piles of branches on the front edges of properties....I think they are waiting for the wood chipper fairy.  Laughable.

I watched European Soccer yesterday.....learned about off sides.  I also colored in a drawing I had made for husband - one he refused to color....so I pasted it into my book and colored it....very nice.

Yesterday was a difficult day- the day before also....the right side of my neck and shoulder really ached. Son said I had done too much coloring...(???) . I would have used my heating pad but daughter asked for it for her cat....and now it has cat on it...and I am allergic to cats.  And she hasn't returned it..  Tylenol didn't really seem to work very well without heat.  Sigh.  It feels better right now but as the day goes on....it will bother me.

No newspaper today... the paper takes Monday Off.  I have already gotten the recycling out.  Ready for Tuesday Morning Pickup.  I am actually ahead and not behind.......which is very very different.

Son just reminded me the Appliance Store is supposed to call and come look at our "situation" to see if we can fit the new stove in.   They haven't called as yet.  I have already thought about it.  I have a dentist appointment coming up...so they will come that day......for sure...



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make a rice bag using flannel and uncooked rice (not instant). Heat in microwave max one and a half minutes. It is a nice moist heat. I have one I made with channels so I can mold it around my neck and shoulder.

Paula, the quilter said...

I didn’t notice that my rice bag comment posted as anonymous.

Susan Sawatzky said...

or buy a new heating pad...Amazon has them very cheap.

LindaSonia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.