Monday, April 01, 2024

Less Winter and More Spring Notes- Sunshine and 48 degrees.


 Postcard from Provence.

We might have had this one already but I like the blue stripe with the orange of the tangerines. I wish my dishtowels looked like these French ones....but then I would be upset if they got dirty. I don't recall seeing these in any shop....if I had- I would have bought them...a dozen of them.

The Sun is shining.....I had asked son about my "new" habit of going to bed at 9:30 at night and waking up at 9:30 in the morning.  No dreams...just sleep.  He is concerned about depression...a lack of interest.  I can't say that is what it is.....I feel it's more the pleasantness of sleep without worrying about husband getting up and falling etc.   About the constant "alert" of the caregiver role.  But the last few months I was concerned he would leave the house- drive the car alone etc...more worried he would injure someone else. He didn't have a clue where he was....always lost.  

Breaks my heart to think of the terror that might have created in him...being lost with no idea where home was. Even when you were home.

Yesterday we had pizza minus the football.  It was delicious as always.  Son had remembered to buy hot sauce to put on his slices.  Today I have to remind myself to make hotdogs for my mid day meal.

I have given up the search for that fabric.  In the search process I found many more items of interest.  Not the interest I had but new ones....so....I also have been finding and sorting husband's pens and colored pencils. From the "good times" when he spent hours coloring...he really enjoyed the process.  But in the end he told me he had forgotten "how" to color.  Isn't that heartbreaking?  He just sat at the table doing nothing because he didn't know how to color.  So....enough of that.

I haven't forgotten how to color and I need to remove the March desk calendar- very colorful with images and drawing etc...and start in on a new fresh calendar page...April.  Fools Day no less.  Sigh.  Spring has arrived in Maine... won't be long before the trees start to flower.....

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I love the verse, "For everything there is a seavson and a time to every purpose under heaven." And it's your season to sleep.