Saturday, January 21, 2017

My Friend


Gosh is there anything nicer?  To say or write or think that word.  My Friend.

My Friend brought over a slice of her latest try at moist gingerbread.  They have all been good. But this last one (is the last one always the best?) is very very nice.  And I have the recipe.  I do need to purchase one bottle of a "stout" beer.  Whatever that is.  The recipe is from the NYT.  They did a story on Gingerbread two Winters ago.  Long list of recipes.  I think my friend has made three of them.   Moist Gingerbread With Lemon Glaze.  It's delicious.

My "news" blackout continues.  I just don't want to know.  I don't want to see.  Don't want to hear.  Because unseeing, unhearing, unknowing.......well, that isn't possible is it.  I will just wait.

My Friend is not my only Friend.  She is just the one making Gingerbread cakes.

I am winding floss on plastic paddles.
I am sorting fabric.
I am making piles.
I am reading books.  (just finished the Trespasser by Tana French ---once I got into the story I couldn't put the book down)
I am visiting Spirit Cloth's blog and wishing I had indigo dyed scraps of cloth. My cloth scraps are so ordinary and commercial.
I am recording the cooking shows on Public Television.
I discovered that Sleepy Hollow wasn't cancelled.  Season Four has already run 4 episodes.

I also happened on a men's fashion Pinterest page.  Long overcoats (black), wide lined pants (black) with cuffs rolled up to expose bare ankles (men have such lovely ankles) and very nice laced shoes. Since everything else is black the shoes are usually brown.  Knit caps (black cashmere) and huge wrapped scarves in a heavy knit pattern.  Beards only.  Nothing growing under the nose.  Shaved heads. Layers under the overcoats.  Collarless white or black linen shirts. Vests.  Oversized sweaters. Or undersized ones buttoned.

I am going to start a Pinterest page to save my favorites.  And I am going to start looking for a black overcoat--mens for myself.  And some of the long shirts, vests and sweaters.  Even a cap.  This is how I am going to dress.  I am not wearing brown shoes.  At least I don't think I will.



No comments: