Monday, February 17, 2014

Winter Memories- Christmas Trees From 2006


In the "long lost photo file" from the old laptop-- the first year? of sending out tree cards.  These were paper collages.  A Chinese newspaper, a date due sheet from the library and photo copies of fabric.  If I can share one "good art tip" with you today--photo copy some of your favorite fabrics and use them in paper collages.  Cheaper (and nicer) than the stuff at the scrapbook stores.   I think I also used those little dots you can get at Staples.

2008 was a fabric collage card-- the year my dad died.  I remember everything about those months after.  I felt like I was dragging myself thru heavy fog every single day.  So exhausted.

I am working myself toward a better diet.  I have a bunch of "not so great" things to eat in the fridge but once they are gone--it's healthy eating (I was raised to not be able to throw away good food).  I am eating a bunch of fruit right now.  Bananas, grapes and giant navel oranges.  I am considering buying a pineapple and the on sale red grapes this week.  I like them and the fruit fills me up.

I got caught up on my curling recordings yesterday.  We're getting closer and closer to the end.  I'm thinking Canada or Sweden for Men's gold.  We watched the women's snowboarding/whatever it's called.  And about 30 minutes of the ice skating couple short dance.  Too much "back story" nonsense.  And we would have had to watch for hours to see the couple who might just win.  They weren't even dressed to compete at that point.  So we moved over to Downton Abbey and the little mystery they showed after--1940's detective/ medical examiner.  It was good - but I think it was a one/off.  Just the one.

I am going to read now.  Perchance to nap.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Have you watched Foyle's War? About English detective during WW2. We loved it. I think they are making a few new episodes, but we've watched the first 6 seasons

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I love those trees!