Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What About Painting?


Every few decades I think abstract painting would be just the thing for me to start doing.  Big attic, lots of big stretched canvases, cans of paint.  Splattered clothing.  And shoes.  Just heaping paint on the canvas until something started to look good.  This one could be water and an buoy.  Not mine.  Off a decorating site.  I forget where I find these things.  But I don't pretend they are mine. Ahem!

Big day yesterday and I am still exhausted.  I didn't sleep well the night before (the big day) and was up at 6 am.  Once I get overtired, it is so hard for me to let myself fall asleep.  I used to have this boring dream I would go over in my head and it worked for quite a few years.  Now it doesn't.  I even try to count but keep myself awake thinking I missed a number.  Like it matters.  What works is getting into bed, covering my head with my covers and NOT THINKING. So hard to do.  So hard.

Today we had a whole bunch of errands.  G needed something at Loew's, I stopped in at work to get discounted suet blocks for G's feeders, the bank (my SS was deposited), the post office and the library. We did forget the Feed & Farm for chicken grit.  I am going to try a new method for starting seeds.  Mixing the grit into the soils (so it's not heavy and too wet) and topping the seed pots with grit to ward off the dreaded "damping off".  I need to get onions going.  I bought one MORE packet of seeds--Burpee's Dragon Tongue Beans.  Who could pass up growing something with that name? Huh? And, of course the grocery store.  We seem to be going there way too frequently.  Having someone eating breakfast and lunch here, instead of at work, is causing me some stress.  BUT, no restaurant meals.

I am busy writing another class.  This one is Seed Starting.  One of my favorites.  I have lots of charts and quite a few "demonstration" things to try.  This seems to be something gardeners like to have in a presentation.  I have to think of some, work out the details, supply lists and then the dialog that goes along with the presentation.  It's all very complicated.  And the presenter needs several editions of the presentation.  Before, during and after.  Just like teaching sewing or quilting.  It's a good time for this.  Makes me feel like Spring is getting closer and closer.

No comments: