Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Delightful Tuesday After A Very Bad Start


My rose lecture was today.  For a very nice local garden club.  I was warmly welcomed, made to feel very comfortable and gave my talk after the business meeting.  I was hopeful that what I had to say about roses was what they wanted to hear.  A number of members are master gardeners (like I am) so the bar was raised pretty high today.

The not so good (in fact, I was reduced to tears) was that none of my cute skirts or pants fit.  Too tight. Things that slipped on a few months ago, would not zip.  I was left to stand front of the closet looking for something, anything, that I could wear to an event where Tea & Finger Sandwiches were being served.  I ended up in black jeans, a crisp white shirt with the collar styled up and over the top edge of my dark gray zip front Geiger sweater jacket.  All the top stuff fits.  Anything that has to go over my hips and rear end--does not.  Past the rear end--stuff fits great.  So.  Everything over the head or stepped into seemed to be going on just fine.  And then it wasn't.

I know all of you hate diet talk.  This is all I am saying about this.

The weather here is sunny and warmish.  Rain tomorrow.  And yes, that is printed bubble wrap in the bottom right corner.  This was from the 12x12 Colorplay series.  This is Pink.  I had intended to make a vase and flowers for all twelve of the Colorplay challenges.  But instead of one or two colors, the challenge involved 3, 4 or more colors as the months went by and complicated my idea.  I think the first three were vases with flowers.  I still like the idea.  And I like this one very much.  My painted fabric in the background. Painted for this piece.

It sort of looks like fantasy Roses.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Love the fabric, love the piece. And next time,your pants will all fit and you will be happily surprised.