Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Everything Is Changing


It seems that every time I open this blog--it's different.  Today my pictures were in a new spot and it seemed like there were new pictures.  I remember taking this one last spring.  March I think.  All the pansies in the pot were different.  Made me smile.  The page I'm working on doesn't look the same as it did yesterday.  I don't embrace change.  I kick and scream and hate it.

I have to close a checking account we've had for over 20 years.  My Social Security for January hasn't been deposited.  We have overpaid for Medicare but I don't see a refund being sent. I thought I was getting the flu yesterday and I spent the day on the couch in my pajamas; reading, sleeping and just staring into space.  I don't have the flu.  I get my haircut on Thursday.

I never made that "To Do List" I usually make for my winter break.  I don't have a list of things to do. I could make one--but I can't even think of things to list.  Things I would actually do.  I can list stuff I will not do.  Sometimes the negative is a good place to start.

I don't think I will scrub all the baseboard trim.
I don't think I will dust and polish all the bookcase shelves or the side tables.
I don't think I will wash all the windows or mirrors.
I don't think I will sand and repaint the trim in the living room.
I don't think I will hand scrub the bathroom floors.
I don't think I will empty and vacuum out the kitchen cabinets.
I don't think I will clean the oven.

Well, now that I have those things off the list.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joanne, I do get weary of the diet stuff but I so enjoy your sense of humor when you are talking about other things.

Today's list is a prime example, it ought to be on the news, well maybe local news.

Susan Sawatzky formerly from Spokane, now from Port Townsend, WA