Monday, February 18, 2013

Bowls & Beads


I am drawn to bowls.  Is it the emptiness of the bowl?  The open bowl ready to accept whatever we wish to put into it?  Waiting.  And the beads.  I have enjoyed cutting strips of paper and winding it onto a toothpick with a few inches, at the end, with glue to hold it all together.  I like making small beads. And I like to see the homemade beads tumbling around in a bowl.  I didn't make these in the photo.

I had quite a time of it trying to string my homemade beads onto elastic cord.  My "crimping" beads were too thin to accept a double strand of cord.  So I had to use a different string and kept mis-measuring my hand, which the bracelet  had to pass over, to arrive at my wrist.  And, I lost count of how many times all the beads slipped off the string.  Onto the floor.  All over the table.  I, eventually, made one bracelet.  And then I took all the supplies and returned them to the art supply cupboard.  I don't have time for making another right now.  One will be enough for right now.

We had another "snow storm" yesterday.  It didn't snow very much.  But we had very icy cold wind, and still do today. A wind blizzard.  But today the sun is shining.

Downton Abbey is finished for the year.  I had read, by accident, what was to happen so I wasn't as shocked as you all must be this morning.  When they wrote out the contracts, they expected to be finished in three years.  Now, due to good ratings, there is a fourth year.  Some don't want another year so they had to die. I like to watch because I like to see beauty on the screen.  I don't like most of the characters.  The action, if we were to call it that, is very slow at times, and then too quick at other times.  I did enjoy the look of it all last night on the new television.  In high def.  Scotland was dreamy.

I have work to do today.  I think.  I had best get to it.

No comments: