Saturday, September 09, 2023

Field Notes- Saturday, September 9th. A wet morning. Rain overnight. The Grass is happy.

 


Sleeping is better now that it's not as muggy.  A bit of sunshine is coming thru the heavy tree line. The grass was very wet as I walked around to uncover the ornamental pots.  The tall one with sunflowers fell over in the wind......it's recumbent on the grass.  Top heavy.  So rescue is not going to work...stems will break.  Compost seems the place for it right now.  but I could cut flowers for a vase....

I asked for a reference from my "just across the street neighbor" for the name of the company that replaced her roof shingles........our roof needs new shingles.  Our "usual" retired.  Sigh.  Or drifted out of Maine during the pandemic....never to return.

My Southern Gardening friend- a transplant to Maine from Virginia- dropped off a box of very very delicious looking tomatoes.  I will be eating them..... they are ripe and ready.......

I started watching last night's Tennis.  Then husband came to sit next to me and watch.  For some reason- rain?- it was indoors, roof closed etc. And hardly anyone in the audience was paying attention.  Tom Brady was there with his three children.  The camera crew spent more effort on trying to get good shots of the "celebrity" audience.  The camera angles for the tennis- subpar.  But we stayed until the end.

No comments: