Thursday, September 07, 2023

Field Notes- 9am. Up VERY EARLY. Husband has had a SHOWER. I'll be doing laundry after breakfast and the paper.


 Red Sky in Morning- Sailors take warning.

These Days- red sky means Canadian Fire is upwind of us.  Tell me....why is Canada on Fire? Why are the Canadians letting the fires burn????  We don't get much information.

So...if the smoke gets to Maine-- we will be indoors until it's gone.  Doors and Windows shut tight.

Husband has had a shower.  All is right with my World at this moment in time.  He's clean.

I stripped the sheets off the bed....fresh ones after I eat my breakfast.  I have both window AC units going. It is that warm and that humid here in Maine.  For most of the Summer- I haven't had to use the AC units much.  They have run 24/7 the last few days.

I will also be doing at least one and possibly two loads of wash.  I have "household tasks"........ so I am feeling "useful" today.  The fridge is full of FOOD that only needs to be put into the microwave and heated... so that is pretty fantastic.  Yesterday I had a flatbread filled with reheated Pulled Pork, Cheddar Cheese and Sour Cream.... Very Fine Meal.  I was tempted to make Pizza- but AC units.....so no.

I went back in and finished the book I was reading-- Planes. Trains and all the Feels.  By Livy Hart. There were issues.  With the book.  For me.  And others reading it--as the author had included  one of those warning things.....elements not suitable to some Readers.  These elements were okay for me- in other books the warning had me putting the book back on the shelf.  For me the issue was the pacing of the book..  It got slow and dull (working on issues) and off track and I stopped for a few days and read something else.  I went back and I am glad I did.....I have so MANY CHOICES for what I read next.....

Daughter swung past to pick up her gallon of Oat Milk she forgot in the Porch fridge.  As she was leaving she slowed her car, got out and snapped a picture of a Chickadee sitting on a tall rock by the front of the driveway....for her Instagram......she also dropped off I book she found for me (at Walmart).

I asked...but she said they didn't have the very small Air Fryer she wants me to own.  She also instructed me on how to cook dry pasta in the microwave.  I also have a package of small potatoes I am supposed to bake and then smash and bake some more......... learning (or not) new things......

No comments: